Our home has been filled with more love and chaos than ever before, but we’re doing well. All five of us are doing really, really well. It feels so good to say that after there was so much uncertainty brewing just before Beau was born.

During our fifth year of marriage, our family expanded to encompass five people and our first born turned five years old. I don’t believe in coincidence so much as I understand that fate is as real as it is evident. So while Justin and I were scratching our heads wondering how we would learn to accommodate a growing family during the stress that is dental school, we have been nothing but pleasantly surprised.

IMG_0657
IMG_2520

Beau is a dream baby. He’s joyful when he’s awake and peaceful when he sleeps. At nearly 10 weeks old, he is communicating with us through little coos and sweet, happy little hollers. He’s almost on a sleeping schedule that involves me getting much more sleep than I ever did with the first two. Aside from getting little work done and neglecting my home here on this site, we are moving right along, living this life that we have been so blessed with.

IMG_4489
IMG_4371
IMG_4072

On the outskirts of this blessed nest we’ve woven, there are a few things happening in our professional lives that are really quite exciting.

Justin was offered a job with an option to buy the practice in Northern California after he graduates, which means we’re 98% sure that we’ll be moving back home come May, 2013. As you can imagine, this news had me a fit of overwhelming tears and pride for my husband. He is one magnificent man who has realized this big dream of his, despite the odds against us.

Things are growing and changing with my business and blog as well. You may have noticed the addition of a few new icons under my header for California and Toronto. I’ve decided to bring on my friends Melissa and Stephanie to share their lives with children in their own cities. I, for one, have been fascinated with the way mothers raise their children in different areas of the world since my life changed so drastically with our move. It felt like a natural addition to this blog, and I hope that you like it as well.

I’ve added a few new hats to my gig as a SAHM/WAHM etc. etc.:

As you may or may not know, I’m managing the social media for a parenting app called RedRover. If you aren’t familiar, check it out. It’s super helpful and fun to use. In addition to that, starting this month I will be regularly contributing to Bravado! Design’s blog</a>. My first contribution over there was one that I’m very proud of, Beau’s birth story. I’m also contributing to Lansinoh’s blog, On Cloud Mom and Giggle Gab City Mom. I’d love to have you take a peek, as I’m happy to have found specific forums to talk about my journey in breastfeeding and city life.

The biggest news of all came as a surprise and huge honor: I will be speaking at the Mom 2.0 Summit in May of this year! I am just beyond BEYOND thrilled about it. This is a conference that tops the list of must-see events in the blogging and female entrepreneur world, and I’m still baffled when I see my face amongst the speaker list. I’m amongst women that I have the utmost admiration and respect for. Just beyond.

Lots to be thankful for. I have lots to say but so very little free arms to say it. I’m finding myself in a transition period where I can see that there will be more free time for me to write on the horizon, but I’m trying to focus three things in particular. Most of all, snuggling this little one before he grows big enough to crawl away from me.

IMG_4761

IMG_4271

Thank you for being a part of this journey with me. I seriously don’t think I could have managed without having you to share our life, trials and tribulations with.

Kimberly/Foodie City Mom February 21, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Congrats on everything. Keep enjoying the journey!

Marta February 21, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Congrats! That’s a lot of exciting things to be very proud of! I hope that Mom 2.0 is a conference I’ll be able to attend, I’d love to hear you speak!

Kim @the fordeville diaries February 21, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Such a heart-warming post. Very happy for all of the great things happening with your family — congrats!

Katherine February 21, 2012 at 9:37 pm

Congratulations on all of your professional accolades! This is a beautiful time for your family – and wishing you all the best in the coming months. Love reading your posts!

Jennifer Cullen February 21, 2012 at 11:07 pm

So awesome that you have so many wonderful things going on in your life. 2012 is your year! Looking forward to hearing you speak at Mom 2.0. It’ll be my first blogger conference! See you there.

YUMMommy February 21, 2012 at 11:42 pm

Glad to hear that all is going well. Congrats to you all on all the wonderful things happening your lives right now. The kids look adorable as ever. Looking forward to checking out your writing pieces on all the other sites.

nic @mybottlesup February 22, 2012 at 1:41 pm

SO DESERVING!

Heather February 22, 2012 at 8:52 pm

Wow, congratulations that all sounds wonderful!

Tali February 23, 2012 at 2:09 am

Beautiful post! So many transitions and doing them all so gracefully!

Rebecca February 23, 2012 at 2:14 am

So happy for you! And happy that your voice is being recognized in many different arenas!

Anna February 23, 2012 at 2:33 am

So excited that you will be making your way back to Northern California!!! Hope it’s close to us:-) Congrats on all the success recently too!

Leticia- Tech Savvy Mama February 23, 2012 at 4:52 am

Congratulations on all of the wonderfully exciting things going on in your life and I’m so excited for you and Justin! I had no idea you were from Northern California! I’m a Palo Alto girl myself and the Bay Area always feels like home! xo

Selena February 23, 2012 at 5:16 am

Jessica,

So happy for you! So well deserved too! That last pic of Beau is scrumptious!

xo

Selena

Melissa February 23, 2012 at 6:58 am

Wow… Big Life Stuff! That’s great news about your and Justin’s new gigs! So happy for you and your family Jess… And extremely impressed with how you are balancing it all. Now if we can just get your landlords to take a chill pill with the rent – what the heck!?

Elaine February 23, 2012 at 3:17 pm

You are thriving and I love that. Congrats on all the new adventures! :-)

Chavonne February 26, 2012 at 6:33 pm

Its nice to hear about all the good things happening to you and your family right now, especially that all your husband’s hard work will pay off!

Patty at A Day in My NYC March 12, 2012 at 4:21 pm

I’m so very happy for you for personally and professionally! xoxo

JohnCFreeman April 16, 2012 at 7:55 am

This is as much for Justin as it is for you, Jessica….My own wife, Jessica (her name too), has been so pivotal in the self-sacrificing, child raising majority leader of our home that guys like us (Justin & myself) have a hard time sometimes giving ya’ll the “props”/appreciation you ladies deserve.

We know you do it, because it has to be done. We “try” to do everything we can to make that less “your burden” & more of a joint experience as often as we can. I say this, not knowing Justin, but through what’s been posted & reflects in the pictures; his interactions & the truth-telling of the kids’ faces too.

The pride we feel & the honor of being that “in-it-for-the-long-haul” partner in life of some trail blazing women…it’s almost beyond our vocabularies at times. Those words of Allison Kraus’ song “When you say nothing at all” hold special meaning to those quiet glances we hope to share in those Kodak moments or the after-math of chaos finally tamed & resolved.

God gives us alot to be thankful for & the fact that He is even concerned enough to help give you the social & creative outlets that keep your self-identity from loosing itself in the ever-present aspects of self-less service; that’s amazing.

I pray your future continues to be blessed & to bless others; inspire as many as visit your site(s) & blog and the speaking/conferences that are calling upon your insights, tips/tricks, lessons, etc…. My own wife is often “taken-aback” to the praise & recognition she gets/deserves, but I must say that the biggest lesson to share is “Just Do It”. Not for yourself, the glory or celebrity, but the lives of your kids, your family unit, & those of all those whom are looking to you for inspiration to do alot of the same “impossible” things in their own lives.

God bless & keep you,
John C Freeman
Self-Published/Author of “The Good Ole Boys” book series
Father of 3 Special Needs Children; +1 live-in nephew w/ Asperger’s too
Husband of FB’s “Jessica Cake-Mafia Freeman” (& FB’s The Sweet Escape)

Ali June 4, 2012 at 3:15 pm

How did mom 2.0 go?? Congrats. Xa

Tamara January 7, 2014 at 2:56 pm

Oiiii!

Realmente amo seu blog e seus filhos tem um filho de apenas 4 anos chamado Eduardo ele ama as fotos com o Theo seu cão o Brasil se apaixonou por Beau