It’s still sort of stupefying that it’s this time of year already (I mean, wasn’t it JUST Halloween?), although I couldn’t be happier about it. Living in New York City during the holiday time is one of the most wonderful things I have ever experienced, and it just makes us all that more excited for Christmas.
In the holiday spirit-and let’s be honest, because I love to shop-I’ve put together a gift guide of some of our favorite things. This list is comprised of items that we either have and love or are coveting ourselves. It was a challenge narrowing it down as it seems like there are so many fantastic toys and things out there for kids lately, but it was fun!
Stay tuned this week for a giveaway of a handful of the items on this list, wink!
Babies & Toddlers
1. Freshly Picked Moccasins, $60. Beau has three pairs-we love them.
2. Apple Park Organic Blanket, personalized at Makaboo.com, $75. Excellent quality, and Makaboo has a huge list of lovely things they will personalize for you.
3. Little Alouette Little Lark organic wooden teether toy, $14. These are the most beautiful pieces made by hand using locally sourced hardwood in Ohio by a truly awesome family.
4. Petite Fournier hand knit circus toys. These are truly special pieces made of baby alpaca wool and organic pima cotton. Fournier trains poverty stricken people in Bolivia to knit, crochet and embroider and pays them wages that will help them bolster their standard of living.
5. Bluum Box Membership, $14.95 per month. Included in each monthly Bluum Box is a set of samples for mom and baby. I’ve been receiving this for a few months now and have discovered something new each time.
School Age Children, the younger set.
6. LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer, $99 at Target. We are huge LeapFrog fans-this is the perfect introduction to non-gaming, creative thinking electronic devises for children 3+.
7. Oeuf be good Wild Things Crown, $38. I adore this company, and love this little crown just as much. This crown can be used for make believe or even as daily earmuffs in cold weather. Either way, it’s super cute.
8. Piccolini NYC Tee, $30. This design on an organic cotton tee shirt is the brainchild of the owner of Piccolini, an adorable children’s boutique on Mulberry Street in New York City.
9. Little Passports USA Edition, $10.95 per month. Every month, Sam and Sofia visit two new states and send your child an exciting package in the mail including an activity-packed travel journal, stickers, postcards, pop-out models and access to more information and games/activities online. Super educational and interactive! My kids love it.
10. Hess Helicopter and Rescue, $26. This set is on both of my children’s wish list’s this year. We have the toy truck and jet set from 2010 and the kids still play with it- and it still works perfectly.
11. Appaman Bowery Coat, $108. I have been coveting this wool coat for Jack for the longest time. Super sharp and well made-I love this local NYC kids line of clothes.
12. Moon and Lola personalized acrylic necklace, $48. Cute and special at the same time. You can also find it where I did, at Poppy’s Closet, a lovely little online boutique.
13. Lego Superheros Batwing Battle, one of Target’s Top Toys (free shipping!) on sale for $29. My son is a Lego maniac and this will definitely be under our tree.
14. Magical Wand Cinderella, $49. She has a magic wand, her dress lights up, and she says 15 phrases. Need I say more, princess fanatics?
15. Tegu Jungle Endeavor Set, $60. 22 piece set of eco-friendly, magnetic blocks that are super fun to build with-even for adults.
16. Olloclip 3-in-1 lens for the iPhone, $69. This is the coolest gadget for photo addicts (ahem). Lenses include macro, fisheye and wide angle.
17. Maya Brenner letter necklace, starting at $220. This 14k gold initial necklace was my birthday present last year and a piece that I searched for years for. On my personal list this year: The BiCoastal necklace.
18. XBox Kinect console, $299. We received this bundle about a year ago, and it was the first gaming system that we introduced to our children. The games are interactive and energetic and often even educational. We love Dance Central 3, while the kid’s favorites are the new NatGeo and Disneyland Adventures.
19. DayNa Deker Ambrosia Cassis candle, $70. I’m super picky about candles-it takes a lot for me to spend money on them. This one is great because it looks chic, smells wonderful, and the wick even sounds pretty while it’s burning.
20. Starbucks Verismo Espresso Machine, $299 with free shipping at Williams Sonoma. Starbucks espresso drinks freshly brewed easily in your kitchen? Pretty awesome, and for me downright necessary. If it makes my life easier, I’m all for it.
This is the part that I always leave for last minute and have the hardest time with. Hopefully this will make it easier for everyone!
GoGo SqueeZ all natural applesauce pouches have been a staple in our home for years. My kids love them and will be thrilled to see them in their stockings, even if they aren’t candy.
Eco-Crayons from the Little Bean Shop. These are the perfect size, and they’re even made from fruit, vegetable and plant extracts.
Emi-Jay hair ties-I cannot live without these now that I’ve discovered them. They are the best.
Steiff mini mohair teddy key rings. The stuffed animals and products that this company makes are the most amazing quality. They’re part of a precious few stuffed creatures that I love to see in my children’s rooms.
Oeuf Mustaches at Little Vida. Again with the make believe pieces. These are beautifully made and sure to last generations-even if the trend doesn’t! Make sure to check out this lovely online boutique, too.
Fragrance Sampler from Sephora– I bought this for my husband last year and it was awesome. Includes 12 samples from top brands and a voucher for a full sized product from the samples included. That way they can choose their own.
I hope this helps in your search for holiday items for the children and adults on your lists this year, and hopefully I was able to at least turn you on to some lovely brands and retailers!
I was not compensated in any way for including the products and companies on this list. In a couple cases I did receive product, but not for inclusion on this list. These are just some of my favorite things.